Everybody wants their wedding day to be one that they will remember for the rest of their lives, for the right reasons. But unless you are somebody who is used to organising and planning big events, trying to get everything just the way you want it can become overwhelming. What you need to do is focus on a few key areas, looking at how you can project your own personality into them to make this day really feel like you, rather than all the other generic wedding days you have been to. Here are just some of those key areas to think about:
• Theme: If you choose a distinctive theme for your wedding then it will help to shape all your other decisions. Do you go for romantic? Gothic? Or maybe opt for a retro feel? The more original your theme, and the more it reflects your own personality and taste, the more special your wedding day will be.
• Venue: The place you choose to hold your wedding and reception is very important indeed. It should be able to reflect your theme, so if you have gone for a Gothic feel and you have the funds for it then you may want to consider hiring out a castle. Of if you’re having a summer wedding then why not consider a laid-back beach barbecue?
• Invitations: A wedding invitation has more than just a practical function: it is something your guests can keep as a memento of the day. To make yours unique, splash out on some designer wedding stationery created by a professional. They will work together with you to come up with something totally suited to you, your tastes and the theme of your wedding.
By sending out bespoke designer wedding stationery you can set the tone of your big day well in advance.
• Flowers: If there are some flowers that have particular sentimental value for you and your partner then these are the ones to choose for your wedding day. You should bear in mind that flowers are seasonal so you will want to anticipate what is going to be available in the month of your wedding and plan accordingly. Beautifully arranged flowers can transform even the most drab of venues so it’s worth taking extra care over these.
• Souvenirs: If your guests have something quirky to take away with them it will be sure to make the day stand out in their minds. This can be photos, cards or anything you think will remind them of the day and what made it special. At one recent wedding I attended each guest was presented with wild flower seeds to scatter in their gardens.